No more boring reading responses- this resource gives your students two different “apps” to use to respond to their reading:
✎ Text Message
In the Text Message app, your students can ‘TEXT’ you a reading response! Grammatically correct and ‘text lingo’ versions are both included. Each text message option is one full page. Your students will be prompted to respond to their reading in ten different ways:
1. What did you read about today?
2. Do you have any connections to this story?
3. Tell me about your favorite character.
4. Tell me about the setting.
5. What would you change if you were the author?
6. Predict what will happen next.
7. Tell me about your favorite part.
8. Tell some facts that you learned (non-fiction)
9. What inference did you make during your reading today?
10. How have the characters changed?
The text message reads:
“Hey! What are you up to?”
“I’m reading a really awesome book called _______ by ________”
“Sounds cool! I should see if the library has another copy. What did you read about today?”
In the characterbook app, students will talk about a character. They can give physical traits, character traits, show how the character has changed in the story – this response is open ended intentionally to give you the freedom to choose what your students objective will be!
There are no reviews yet.