Looking to engage your students in some Earth Day activities while still hitting those standards? This Earth Day activity pack has math activities, reading and literacy activities, and some just-for-fun Earth Day activities that your students will love!
Included in this resource:
- Earth Day Reading Passage: One-page reading passage the gives information about Earth Day. Appropriate for grades 2-3.
- Earth Day Comprehension Questions: 5 questions based on the reading passage for students to answer for a comprehension check.
- Earth Day Word Problems: 4 pages of word problems that have an Earth Day theme – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Earth Day Writing Prompts: 6 pages of writing prompts that include space for a picture and writing.
- Earth Day Word Search: Students will search for 14 Earth Day words
- Earth Day Shapes Matching Center: Students will match the picture of the shape to the name. Color and black/white version included.
- Earth Day Crack the Code: Students will use the pictures to crack the code and learn a fact about Earth Day.
- Earth Day Fact Book: One-page foldable book that includes facts about Earth Day.
- Earth Day Vocabulary: 8 vocabulary words with definitions and pictures (recycling, composting, renewable energy, pollution, eco-friendly, carbon footprint, sustainability and habitat)
- Earth Day Make-A-Word: Students will use the letters in Earth Day to make new words.
- Earth Day Color by Code: 2 pages of color-by-code activities. One addition (within 100) and one subtraction (2-digit numbers).