This fifth grade math resource includes printable and digital math worksheets that give your 5th graders practice writing and interpreting expressions (5OA2). These Common Core aligned math quick checks are perfect for morning work, assessment, homework, review, fast-finisher activities, exit tickets, and math centers.
These math worksheets are provided in THREE formats to best fit your classroom needs – Print and Go, Google Slides, and JPEG.
Included in this resource are 16 math worksheets:
- Write an expression to match the words (2 pages)
- Write words to match the expressions (2 pages)
- Draw a line to match the expression to the words (2 pages)
- Write expressions that go with given word problems and solve (2 pages)
- Draw pictures to represent equations and compare (2 pages)
- Interpret and compare equations without evaluating them (2 pages)
- Circle true statements about given equations (2 pages)
- Compare expressions using <, > or = (2 pages)
All of these fifth grade math practice pages are included in three formats:
- Print and go: Printable pages for your students. Answer key included.
- Google Slides: Link to Google Slides presentation. All text boxes have been added for you, and some directions have been modified to fit the digital formatting. Students will need to be familiar with text, line, and scribble tools to complete this format.
- JPEG: individual JPEG files of each worksheet. This format is ideal for digital learning platforms like Seesaw where students can “draw” on top of a file using their finger or a stylus pen.
What makes these math quick checks better?
- Check for student understanding of a single skill in multiple ways
- Student centered design with easy-to-read fonts and minimal clipart
- Aligned with Common Core, but skill based to give you the ability to apply to any set of standards
- Print and digital formats to seamlessly adapt to your current learning environment