This BUNDLED first grade math resource includes printable and digital math worksheets that give your first graders practice ordering and comparing lengths, measuring objects, telling time to the hour and half hour, and analyzing bar graphs and their data (1MD1, 1MD2, 1MD3, 1MD4). These Common Core aligned math quick checks are perfect for morning work, assessment, homework, review, fast-finisher activities, exit tickets, and math centers.
These math worksheets are provided in THREE formats to best fit your classroom needs – Print and Go, Google Slides, and JPEG.
1.MD.1 Ordering and Comparing Objects
- 2 pages asking students to order the length of 3 objects
- 2 pages asking students to draw different colored lines that are shorter/longer
- 2 pages asking students to draw simple objects that are shorter/longer than a given object
- 2 pages asking students to fill in the blanks to describe a picture of objects that are shorter/longer/taller
- 2 pages asking students to circle taller/shorter or longer/shorter when given a description of a picture
1.MD.2 Measuring Length
- 4 pages asking students to count the number of units long an object is when given a picture of the object and cubes
- 2 pages asking students to use Base 10 Cubes to measure an object
- 2 pages asking students to use Unifix Cubes to measure an object
- 2 pages asking students to use paperclips (cut out from bottom of page) to measure an object
1.MD.3 Telling Time
- 1 page asking students to circle the minute hand and then circle the hour hand on each analog clock
- 1 page asking students to trace the hour hand blue and the minute hand red
- 2 pages asking students to tell digital time to the hour when given analog time
- 2 pages asking students to show analog time to the hour when given digital time
- 2 pages asking students to tell digital time to the half hour when given analog time
- 2 pages asking students to show analog time to the half hour when given digital time
1.MD.4 Graphing and Data
- 4 pages asking students to analyze data from a bar graph
- 2 pages asking students to analyze data from a tally chart
- 2 pages asking students to create a tally chart and answer questions when given a data set
- 2 pages asking students to create a data set, then make a tally chart and a bar graph using that data
All of these first grade math practice pages are included in three formats:
- Print and go: Printable pages for your students. Answer key included.
- Google Slides: Link to Google Slides presentation. All text boxes have been added for you, and some directions have been modified to fit the digital formatting. Students will need to be familiar with text, line, and scribble tools to complete this format.
- JPEG: individual JPEG files of each worksheet. This format is ideal for digital learning platforms like Seesaw where students can “draw” on top of a file using their finger or a stylus pen.
What makes these math quick checks better?
- Check for student understanding of a single skill in multiple ways
- Student centered design with easy-to-read fonts and minimal clipart
- Aligned with Common Core, but skill based to give you the ability to apply to any set of standards
- Print and digital formats to seamlessly adapt to your current learning environment